Hawaii Reopens to Tourism
Things to know about visiting a reopening Hawaii
Pre-Travel Testing Program now allows the bypass of quarantine
Last Updated: March 1, 2022, at 6:30 pm HST
'Safe Travels' program ends March 25th for domestic travelers
According to Governor Ige, the state of Hawaii will drop the current 'Safe Travels' program for domestic travelers at midnight on March 25, 2022. The governor made the announcement on Tuesday - March 1st. Governor Ige continues to urge people to continue taking precautions, and a decision on the mask mandate will follow.
Under the new guidelines, the first-day travelers could visit the state without Safe Travels restrictions will be March 26th.
That now means beginning March 26, 2022, domestic travelers to Hawaii will no longer need to fill out online forms via Safe Travels, no longer have to worry about QR codes, no longer have to provide proof of vaccination, and ultimately, there won't be any additional requirements or restrictions to fly to Hawaii on a domestic flight.
Quicklink Hawaii Resources
- More information on the current travel rules & restrictions can be found on our updated page for: Hawaii Travel Restrictions →
- A complete list of the trusted travel partners, for pre-travel testing, can be found here: Hawaii Trusted Travel Partners & Test Costs →
- Details and thorough information on Hawaii's pre-travel testing can be found on our: Hawaii Testing Requirements & Test Procedures →
- Additional details on Hawaii's policy for vaccinated travelers can be found in our updated article: Hawaii COVID-19 Vaccination Policies →
- Detailed information on Hawaii's use of Health/Vaccine 'passports' can be found in our article: Hawaii Vaccine & Health Passport Travel →
- We've created a page dedicated to the day-by-day updates that are occurring within Hawaii: Hawaii COVID-19 Travel News & Headlines →
Hawaii's re-opening has honestly been an evolving process with numerous changes and ongoing updates. We recognize that this, unfortunately, causes confusion to potential travelers, and we are continuing to monitor this situation closely. We will provide additional updates here regularly, from official sources, on this page as additional information becomes available to us. We also encourage our readers to sign up for our 'Hawaii Travel Update' emails to receive pertinent information on all of the recent developments regarding travel to Hawaii.
— article continued below —
Hawaii Cruiselines Status
Can I take a cruise around or to Hawaii?
For more information on Hawaii Cruises & Sailing, including what each cruise line in planning for Hawaii, view our Hawaii Cruiselines Status Updates →
Hawaii Attractions & Parks
Are state and national parks open?
Generally speaking, yes, most state and national parks are open at this time. For additional information, we've recently created a new article about Hawaii Attractions & Parks - What's Reopening?
Hawaii Hotels, B&B's, and Inns
What accommodations are open, closed, and re-opening Soon?
For more information on Hawaii Hotels, Resorts, B&B's, Inn's and other accommodations, including when each is planning to re-open for visitors, visit our section on Hawaii Hotels - What's Open, Closed, and Reopening Soon →
Search Hawaii Flights
It's easy to plan and book your perfect Hawaii trip. Enter your trip dates to search Hawaii vacation packages, hotels, flights, and car rentals.
- Rental Cars
Information Disclaimer: Details and information on this page, including dates, may change on a day-by-day basis. While we will be making every effort to keep these pages relevant and up to date, the decision to travel is ultimately your own responsibility. Please travel safely and keep an eye on our Hawaii Travel Requirements page for more information regarding COVID-19 and re-opening in Hawaii.