Hawaii International Trusted Testing Partners
Hawaii's International COVID-19 Pre-Test Partners
Official Pre-Travel Testing Program now allows the bypass of quarantine
Last Updated: September 7, 2021, at 1:00 pm HST
International travelers from Japan, Canada, South Korea, Taiwan, French Polynesia (Tahiti), and now the Philippines are the first international travelers allowed to bypass the 10-day quarantine if they've taken a COVID-19 test from a trusted testing partner in their country of origin. The test must be taken no earlier than 72-hours prior to departure and the test must be negative.
Japanese nationals traveling abroad are still subject to a 10-day quarantine upon their return to the country. Travel restrictions on U.S. travel to both Japan and Canada remain in place.
All trusted international partners marked with a '+' notation must use the Standard State of Hawaii TTP Results Form.
U.S. Executive Order relating to Travel
Promoting COVID-19 Safety in Travel
On January 21, 2021, U.S. President Joseph Biden signed an Executive Order which requires mask-wearing in or on airports, commercial aircraft, trains, public maritime vessels including ferries, intercity bus services, and other forms of public transportation.
In addition, Section 5 states that travelers seeking to enter the United States shall be required to produce proof of a recent negative COVID-19 test prior to entry; and required to comply with other applicable CDC guidelines concerning international travel, including recommended periods of self-quarantine or self-isolation after entry into the United States.
For additional information, see the White House Briefing Room release of the Executive Order linked above. For the time being, no changes to the SafeTravels program.
International Trusted Travel Partners Links
- Japan Trusted Travel Partners - program began 11/6/20, partners updated 03/25/21... full list of partners is below
- Canada Trusted Travel Partners - initial details announced 11/19/20, program began 12/17/20... see information/partners below.
- South Korea Trusted Travel Partners - initial partners announced 01/27/21, partners updated July 2021... see information/partners below.
- Taiwan Trusted Travel Partners - initial partners announced 04/13/21, the program began 04/17/21... see information/partners below.
- French Polynesia (Tahiti) Trusted Travel Partners - initial partners announced 06/18/21, the program began 06/21/21... see information/partners below.
- The Philippines Trusted Travel Partners - initial partners announced July 2021, the program also began July 2021... see information/partners below.
- New Zealand Trusted Travel Partners - still awaiting details...
- We are also still awaiting details on pre-travel programs for additional international travelers. Updates for these international locations will also be included on this page.
- All of the verified U.S. trans-Pacific Hawaii testing partners are included on our U.S. trusted testing partners page.
We recognize questions remain about testing availability for these tests with trusted partners. We will continue to closely monitor this situation and provide additional updates & testing providers, as provided by official state sources, on this page. Travelers may want to sign up for our weekly email updates that we're currently sending about the status of Hawaii's reopening. This email update will include any new partners that have been recently added to the pre-travel testing program.
Published by: John C. Derrick
Editor / Founder
CDC Expands Negative COVID-19 Test Requirement
Applies to all* Air Passengers entering the United States
On January 12, 2021, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announced it is expanding the requirement for a negative COVID-19 test to all air passengers entering the United States. The following CDC Order will become effective on January 26, 2021.
Before departure to the United States, a required test, combined with the CDC recommendations to get tested again 3-5 days after arrival and stay home for 7 days post-travel, will help slow the spread of COVID-19 within U.S. communities from travel-related infections. Pre-departure testing with results known and acted upon before travel begins will help identify infected travelers before they board airplanes.
Air passengers will be required to get a viral test (a test for current infection) within the 3 days before their flight to the U.S. departs, and provide written documentation of their laboratory test result (paper or electronic copy) to the airline or provide documentation of having recovered from COVID-19. Airlines must confirm the negative test result for all passengers or documentation of recovery before they board. If a passenger does not provide documentation of a negative test or recovery or chooses not to take a test, the airline must deny boarding to the passenger. For more information, read the CDC Press Release.
*Despite the new test requirement by the CDC, international travelers to Hawaii must still have a negative test result from a State of Hawaii Trusted Testing and Travel Partner (before departure to Hawaii) in order to avoid the 10-day traveler quarantine. Those who have a test result from a non-State of Hawaii Trusted Testing and Travel Partner may meet the federal requirements to board the plane bound for the U.S. but will be required to quarantine upon arrival in Hawaii.
Mental clinic with Nishi-ku, Sapporo
Sapporo Higashi Tokushukai Hospital
Benibana Naika Clinic
YOKOYAMA NAIKA SYONIKA CLINIC
HONZAWA MEDICAL CENTER
Medical Corporation Kuki Medical Clinic
Fujimino Emergency Clinic
Blue Bird Clinic Chiba
Nihon Medical School Narita International Airport Clinic
Kashiwa-Shonan MIRAI Clinic
Kameda Medical Center
Nihon Medical School Chiba Hokusoh Hospital
Clinic for Iidabasi
Clinic for Otemachi
Clinic for Yurakucho
GLOBAL HEALTHCARE CLINIC
Kameda Kyobashi Clinic
St Luke’s International Hospital
Shinagawa East Medical Clinic
Clinic for Shimbashi
Clinic for Tamachi
T Care Clinic Hamamatsucho
Shiba Kokusai Clinic
Mita Kokusai Building Clinic
American Clinic Tokyo
International Health Care Clinic
Tokyo Medical & Surgical Clinic
Clinic for Yotsuya
National Center for Global Health and Medicine, Center Hospital
Tokyo Medical University Hospital
Navitas Clinic Shinjuku
Asakusabashi Ekimae Sougou Clinic
Toyocho Minamisuna Miyake Medical Clinic
Karada Internal Medicine Clinic
Omorimachi Ekimae Naika-Shonika Clinic
Toho University Haneda Airport Terminal 3 Clinic
THE KING CLINIC
Tsukasa Naika Clinic
IMS Group Itabasi Chuo Medical Center
Navitas Clinic Tachikawa
NOZAKIHACHIMAN-MAE INTERNAL MEDICINE CLINIC
Shonan Kamakura General Hospital
Travel Clinic Shin-Yokohama
Navitas Clinic Kawasaki
KOBAYASHI NAIKA CLINIC
Nagoya Station Clinic
Fujita Health University Bantane Hospital
Fujita Health University Okazaki Medical Center
Fujita Health University Hospital
Adachi Medical Clinic
Umeda Travel Clinic
Uehonmachi Watanabe Medical Clinic
Osaka Honmachi Medical Clinic
Yodoyabashi Medical Clinic
Nishiumeda City Clinic
SKY Orthopedic Clinic
Nozaki Tokushukai Hospital
Abe Internal Medicine Clinic
KOBE INTERNATIONAL COLLABORATION CLINIC
Yamasaki Family Clinic
Iryouhoujin Futenkai Mori Clinic
HAKATA HINOKI CLINIC
Aso Iizuka Hospital
Haga Pediatric Clinic
IWASAKI PEDIATRICS AND TRAVEL CLINIC
- Mental clinic with Nishi-ku, Sapporo (Hokkaido) – https://tomo-clinic.net/
- Sapporo Higashi Tokushukai Hospital (Hokkaido) – https://www.higashi-tokushukai.or.jp/
- Benibana Naika Clinic (Yamagata) – http://www.benibana-clinic.com/
- SHICHIGO CLINIC (Miyagi) – http://75clinic.com/
- MEZAKI Clinic (Miyagi) – https://www.mezacli.com/
- YOKOYAMA NAIKA SYONIKA CLINIC (Tochigi) – https://www.yokoyamaclinic.net
- HONZAWA MEDICAL CENTER (Gunma) – http://www.honzawaiin.com
- HASEGAWA clinic (Saitama) – https://hasegawaclinic.net/
- Medical Corporation Kuki Medical Clinic (Saitama) – www.kuki-med.jp
- Fujimino Emergency Clinic (Saitama) – https://koyu-kai.jp/
- Blue Bird Clinic Chiba (Chiba) – https://aoitori.clinic/
- Nihon Medical School Narita International Airport Clinic (Chiba) – https://www.nms.ac.jp/narita/
- Kashiwa-Shonan MIRAI Clinic (Chiba) – http://mirai-clinic.net
- Kameda Medical Center (Chiba) – http://www.kameda.com/ja/general/
- Nihon Medical School Chiba Hokusoh Hospital (Chiba) – https://www.nms.ac.jp/hokuso-h/
- Clinic for Iidabasi (Tokyo) – https://www.clinicfor.life/articles/overview-covid19/
- Clinic for Otemachi (Tokyo) – https://www.clinicfor.life/otemachi/
- Clinic for Yurakucho (Tokyo) – https://www.clinicfor.life/articles/overview-covid19/
- GLOBAL HEALTHCARE CLINIC (Tokyo) – https://ghc.tokyo/
- HIBIYA CLINIC (Tokyo) – https://hibiya-clinic.com/
- Tsuji Clinic (Tokyo) – http://www.tsuji-c.jp
- Kameda Kyobashi Clinic (Tokyo) – http://www.kameda-kyobashi.com/ja/
- St Luke’s International Hospital (Tokyo) – http://hospital.luke.ac.jp/
- Leiwa Clinic (Tokyo) – https://leiwa.clinic/
- Shinagawa East Medical Clinic (Tokyo) – https://izavel.com/
- Clinic for Shimbashi (Tokyo) – https://www.clinicfor.life/articles/overview-covid19/
- Clinic for Tamachi (Tokyo) – https://www.clinicfor.life/tamachi/
- T Care Clinic Hamamatsucho (Tokyo) – https://www.tcclinic.jp/pc/
- Shiba Kokusai Clinic (Tokyo) – http://shibakoku-clinic.com/
- Nishi-Shinbashi Clinic (Tokyo) – https://www.tramedic.com/
- Mita Kokusai Building Clinic (Tokyo) – https://www.mkb-clinic.jp/
- American Clinic Tokyo (Tokyo) – https://www.americanclinictokyo.com/japanese/
- International Health Care Clinic (Tokyo) – https://www.ihc-clinic.jp/
- Tokyo Medical & Surgical Clinic (Tokyo) – https://tmsc.jp/jp/
- Clinic for Yotsuya (Tokyo) – https://www.clinicfor.life/articles/overview-covid19/
- National Center for Global Health and Medicine, Center Hospital (Tokyo) – http://travelclinic.ncgm.go.jp/index.html/
- Tokyo Medical University Hospital (Tokyo) – https://hospinfo.tokyo-med.ac.jp/
- Navitas Clinic Shinjuku (Tokyo) – https://www.navitasclinic.jp/
- Asakusabashi Ekimae Sougou Clinic (Tokyo) – https://asakusabashi-clinic.com/
- Toyocho Minamisuna Miyake Medical Clinic (Tokyo) – https://miyake-naika.net/
- Karada Internal Medicine Clinic (Tokyo) – https://karada-naika.com/
- Loco Clinic Nakameguro (Tokyo) – https://loco-clinic.com/
- Omorimachi Ekimae Naika-Shonika Clinic (Tokyo) – https://omorimachi.com/
- Toho University Haneda Airport Terminal 3 Clinic (Tokyo) – https://www.haneda.toho-u.ac.jp/international/index.html
- Hirahata Clinic (Tokyo) – https://www.hirahata-clinic.or.jp/
- THE KING CLINIC (Tokyo) – http://thekingclinic.com/
- Shinjuku Naika (Tokyo) – https://shinjuku-naika.jp/
- Tsukasa Naika Clinic (Tokyo) – https://tsukasa-cl.jp/
- IMS Group Itabasi Chuo Medical Center (Tokyo) – https://www.ims-itabashi.jp/
- Navitas Clinic Tachikawa (Tokyo) – https://www.navitasclinic.jp/
- NOZAKIHACHIMAN-MAE INTERNAL MEDICINE CLINIC (Tokyo) – https://nozaki-hachimanmae-cl.com/
- Shonan Kamakura General Hospital (Kanagawa) – https://www.skgh.jp/
- Travel Clinic Shin-Yokohama (Kanagawa) – https://travelclinics.jp/
- Navitas Clinic Kawasaki (Kanagawa) – https://www.navitasclinic.jp/
- KOBAYASHI NAIKA CLINIC (Niigata) – https://kobayashi-naika.clinic
- ENDO CLINIC (Shizuoka) – https://www.endo-cl.jp/
- Nagoya Station Clinic (Aichi) – https://station-clinic.com/
- Fujita Health University Bantane Hospital (Aichi) – https://bantane.fujita-hu.ac.jp/
- Fujita Health University Okazaki Medical Center (Aichi) – https://okazaki.fujita-hu.ac.jp/
- Fujita Health University Hospital (Aichi) – https://hospital.fujita-hu.ac.jp/
- Ukai Clinic (Aichi) – http://www.ukai-iin.com
- Arizumi Clinic (Osaka) – https://arizumi-clinic.com/
- Adachi Medical Clinic (Osaka) – https://www.adachi-naikaclinic.jp/tecot
- Umeda Travel Clinic (Osaka) – http://www.umedatc.com
- Uehonmachi Watanabe Medical Clinic (Osaka) – https://uehonmachi.jp/
- Okuno Hospital (Osaka) – http://www.okuno.abeno.osaka.jp/
- Osaka Honmachi Medical Clinic (Osaka) – https://tomohirokai.or.jp/
- SUGITA CLINIC (Osaka) – https://sugitaclinic.com/
- Yodoyabashi Medical Clinic (Osaka) – http://yodoyabashi-medclinic.com/
- Nishiumeda City Clinic (Osaka) – https://nishiumeda.city-clinic.jp/
- Ohue Clinic (Osaka) – https://www.ohue.jp/
- SKY Orthopedic Clinic (Osaka) – http://skyclinic.jp/
- Nozaki Tokushukai Hospital (Osaka) – https://nozaki.tokushukai.or.jp/
- Oyama Clinic (Osaka) – https://www.oyamaclinic.com/
- Abe Internal Medicine Clinic (Hyogo) – https://abe-naika-iin.com/
- KOBE INTERNATIONAL COLLABORATION CLINIC (Hyogo) – https://kicc-medical.jp/
- Yamasaki Family Clinic (Hyogo) – https://yamasaki-family-clinic.com/
- SASO HOSPITAL (Hyogo) – https://www.saso.or.jp/
- Iryouhoujin Futenkai Mori Clinic (Nara) – http://www.futen.or.jp/
- KURODA CLINIC (Okayama) – http://www.kuroda-group.or.jp/
- HAKATA HINOKI CLINIC (Fukuoka) – https://hinoki-clinic.com
- Aso Iizuka Hospital (Fukuoka) – https://aih-net.com/
- Haga Pediatric Clinic (Kumamoto) – www.hagakodomo.com
- IWASAKI PEDIATRICS AND TRAVEL CLINIC (Miyazaki) – https://www.iwasakiclinic.org/
Canada Trusted Testing Partners
Hawaii's Official Pre-Travel Testing Partners in Canada
The pre-travel test must be taken within 72 hours of travel to the State of Hawaii, and a negative test result must be received prior to departure. Travelers without proof of a negative test result prior to boarding their flight to Hawaii will be required to self-quarantine for 10-days or the length of stay, whichever is shorter. These partnerships will allow visitors traveling to the Hawaiian islands an opportunity to bypass the mandatory 10-day quarantine. To do so, the airlines are offering pre-flight COVID-19 testing for all guests.
Air Canada and WestJet will be identifying testing entities in Canada, with the Hawaii State Department of Health's approval, for purposes of the pre-testing program. Canadian residents should look to these Canadian-based carriers for the testing options in their country:
- WestJet+ - click here for testing partners/locations.
- Air Canada+ - click here to view all testing partners/locations (select the "COVID-19 Testing" tab from the page's internal navigation menu)
Partners marked with a '+' notation must use the Standard State of Hawaii TTP Results Form.
South Korea Trusted Testing Partners
Hawaii's Official Pre-Travel Testing Partners in South Korea
Beginning Friday, February 5th, travelers from Korea may bypass the State of Hawaii's mandatory 10-day quarantine if they take a COVID-19 test from a trusted testing partner in Korea. The test must be taken no earlier than 72 hours prior to departure and the test result must be negative.
The four trusted testing partners in Korea are as follows:
Taiwan Trusted Testing Partners
Hawaii's Official Pre-Travel Testing Partners in Taiwan
Starting Saturday, April 17, 2021 travelers from Taiwan may bypass the State of Hawaii’s mandatory 10-day quarantine if they take a COVID-19 test from a trusted testing partner. In all cases, the test must be taken no earlier than 72 hours prior to departure and the negative test result submitted prior to departure for Hawaii.
The Hawaii State Department of Health (DOH) has approved the use of the COVID-19 Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT) for Taiwan's pre-travel test, conducted by a laboratory authorized by the Taiwan Ministry of Health and Welfare. The following trusted testing partners at these locations in Taiwan have been approved as of April 13, 2021.
- Cathay General Hospital: https://www.cgh.org.tw/
- Sijhih Cathay General Hospital: https://sijhih.cgh.org.tw/
- Hsinchu Cathay General Hospital: https://hsinchu.cgh.org.tw/
- Chang Gung Memorial Hospital – Taipei: https://www1.cgmh.org.tw/branch/tpe/index.htm
- Chang Gung Memorial Hospital – Linkou: https://www1.cgmh.org.tw/branch/lnk/2016/
- Chang Gung Memorial Hospital – Kaohsiung: https://cghdpt.cgmh.org.tw/branch/jia
- Mackay Memorial Hospital: https://www.mmh.org.tw/home.php?area=tp
- Mackay Memorial Hospital – Tamsui: https://www.mmh.org.tw/home.php?area=ts
- Hsinchu Mackay Memorial Hospital: http://www.hc.mmh.org.tw/webhc/index.html#
- Mackay Memorial Hospital – Taitung: http://ttw3.mmh.org.tw/#
French Polynesia Trusted Testing Partners
Hawaii's Official Pre-Travel Testing Partners in Tahiti
Beginning June 21, 2021, travelers from French Polynesia will be added to Hawaii's Safe Travels Program.
Travelers may bypass the state's mandatory 10-day quarantine if they take a COVID-19 test from a trusted testing partner in French Polynesia. The test must be taken no earlier than 72 hours prior to departure and the test result must be negative.
The Hawaii State Department of Health (DOH) has approved the use of the COVID-19 Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT) conducted by the Institut Louis Malardé in Tahiti for the pre-travel test.
- Institut Louis Malardé (at Papeete-Paofai and Tahiti-Faa'a Airport): https://tahititourisme.com/en-us/returningtohawaii/
Philippines Trusted Testing Partners
Hawaii's Official Pre-Travel Testing Partners in the Philippines
- Philippine Airlines (Bacolod Queen of Mercy Hospital, Cardinal Santos Medical Center, Detoxicare Diagnostics Molecular, Safeguard DNA Diagnostic, Safeguard DNA Diagnostic) – https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/ph/home/covid-19/DepartingFromThePH/UnitedStates/Hawaii
New Zealand Trusted Testing Partners
Hawaii's Official Pre-Travel Testing Partners in New Zealand
We are still awaiting details on pre-travel programs for international travelers arriving from New Zealand. Updates for New Zealand residents will be included here on this page.
- Details and thorough information on Hawaii's pre-travel testing, for both trans-Pacific and inter-island travel, can be found on our Hawaii COVID Testing Requirements & Test Procedures →
- More information on the current COVID-19 rules & restrictions, including for each Hawaiian county/island, can be found on our updated page for Hawaii Travel Restrictions →
- Additional information on Hawaii's re-opening process, along with a frequently updated traveler FAQ, can be found in our article: Hawaii Reopening to Visitors - What you need to know →
- For news, updates, and headlines related to COVID-19 and travel within and to Hawaii we've created a new page dedicated to the day-by-day updates: Hawaii COVID-19 Travel News & Headlines →
Additional Hawaii COVID-19 Information & Resources
The following resources have been compiled by GoUS Hawaii to better assist travelers in navigating the various restrictions and state-approved test requirements for visiting Hawaii during the COVID pandemic. If you have questions, we are always happy to assist, and you can contact us anytime. You may also want to direct your questions to an official state resource, and we've compiled an updated list of Hawaii Official COVID-19 Contacts for travelers, including phone numbers and email addresses when applicable.