Hawaii Inter-Island Trusted Testing Partners
Hawaii's Inter-County COVID-19 Pre-Test Partners
Official Pre-Travel Testing Program now allows the bypass of inter-island quarantine
Last Updated: November 25, 2020, at 10:30 am HST
According to Hawaii's official State Department of Health, the state lists its approved inter-county trusted testing partners as: Clinical Laboratories of Hawaii, CVS Health, Diagnostic Laboratory Services (Hawaii), Hawaii Pacific Health, Kaiser Permanente, Minit Medical, National Kidney Foundation of Hawaii's Consortium (through an agreement with the City and County of Honolulu), S&G Labs Hawaii LLC, Urgent Care Hawaii, Vault Health, and Walgreens (as of 11/17/20).
Through multiple press releases in mid-October, Governor Ige announced several new "trusted testing partners" for interisland travel to Kauai, Maui, and Hawaii (Big Island) counties. Oahu does not have any inter-island travel restrictions at this time.
- Each of the official inter-island Hawaii pre-travel partners can be found below on this page.
- All of the verified U.S. trans-Pacific Hawaii testing partners are included on our domestic U.S. trusted testing partners page.
- In late October, Hawaii's Governor also announced the Japan pre-travel trusted partners, which are included on our Hawaii International Travel Testing Partners page.
- We've also recently updated the rules regarding island-island travel, including testing rules, in our Hawaii Travel Restrictions - Inter-island FAQ →
We will continue to closely monitor the inter-island trusted partners' program and provide additional updates & testing providers, as provided by official state sources, on this page. Travelers may want to sign up for our weekly email updates that we're currently sending about the status of Hawaii's reopening. This email update will include any new partners that have been recently added to the pre-travel testing program.
Issues with timeliness on inter-island testing? We also wanted to add a note from one of our readers on 11/5/20, Jessica, who shared her experience with inter-island testing on Kauai recently. She reported, "please, tell tourists doing inter-island travel to use Vault and not trust island testing. It is NOT rapid, and there is no sense of urgency to complete the tests in a timely fashion." We wanted to ensure we passed this information along to our readers so they can plan accordingly.
Hawaii Inter-County Trusted Testing Partners
For Inter-Island Travel to Kauai, Maui, and the Big Island
Please Note: all tests conducted in the state of Hawaii may require an order by a licensed physician or healthcare provider. Please contact the lab/pharmacy in advance to confirm the requirements prior to scheduling tests.
Hawaii Pacific Health: Tests are offered at Kapiolani Medical Center for Women & Children on Oahu, and Wilcox Medical Center on Kauai in partnership with Clinical Labs of Hawaii. Appointments are required at Kapiolani and must be scheduled online. No appointment is necessary at Wilcox. More information on site locations, hours, and costs can be found on their website.
Kaiser Permanente: (members only) Travelers can schedule a test online, contact the appointment call center, or nurse advice line in the traveler's home region for scheduling instructions. Kaiser Permanente members returning home to Hawaii may call the Away-from-Home Travel Line at (951) 268-3900 for scheduling instructions. Information can be found on their website.
National Kidney Foundation of Hawaii's Consortium (through an agreement with the City and County of Honolulu) - located at the Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL), the testing site is at the Diamond Head Tour Group area, just past Baggage Claim 31. The Hawaiian Monarch Hotel, on the island of Oahu, is an additional testing location. Pre-register online (registration link forthcoming) or walk-in on-site. Results are provided in three to six hours and are available for ages five (5) and older at a cost of $125. Most health insurance is accepted, subject of course to the policies of your specific insurer.
S&G Labs Hawaii LLC: Testing services available throughout the state for walk-ups and appointments. All lab tests processed locally with a fast 24- to 36-hour turn-around time. Kamaaina rates are available for travelers. Tests available for ages five (5) and older. Find more information, including locations and testing availability, or to schedule appointments, visit their website, or call (808) 329-9675.
Walgreens: Testing is available to inter-island travelers at no cost (however, individuals must meet CDC criteria for testing). Tests available for ages five (5) and older. All drive-thru testing locations operate outdoors and patients do not leave their vehicles. Appointments are required. Travelers can find more information on their website.
- Details and thorough information on Hawaii's pre-travel testing, for both trans-Pacific and inter-island travel, can be found on our Hawaii COVID Testing Requirements & Test Procedures →
- More information on the current COVID-19 rules & restrictions, including for each Hawaiian county/island, can be found on our updated page for Hawaii Travel Restrictions →
- Additional information on Hawaii's re-opening process, along with a frequently updated traveler FAQ, can be found in our article: Hawaii Reopening to Visitors - What you need to know →
- For news, updates, and headlines related to COVID-19 and travel within and to Hawaii we've created a new page dedicated to the day-by-day updates: Hawaii COVID-19 Travel News & Headlines →
Additional Hawaii COVID-19 Information & Resources
The following resources have been compiled by GoUS Hawaii to better assist travelers in navigating the various restrictions and state-approved test requirements for visiting Hawaii during the COVID pandemic. If you have questions, we are always happy to assist, and you can contact us anytime. You may also want to direct your questions to an official state resource, and we've compiled an updated list of Hawaii Official COVID-19 Contacts for travelers, including phone numbers and email addresses when applicable.