This lighthouse was not only the first in Hawaii but also the first on the US Pacific Coast. Located in front of the Pioneer Inn, it was built in 1840 to help guide whaleboats that were coming ashore. The tower grew from a 9-foot wooden tower at construction to 26 feet in 1866. Whale oil provided the light that was kept burning by a Hawaiian lighthouse watchman. In 1905, it was rebuilt and in 1916, the US Coast Guard dedicated the current concrete lighthouse. It is still in use. Located in the center of Lahaina off Front Street.