The Diamond Head Lighthouse, originally built in 1899, spreads light nearly 18 miles out into the Pacific Ocean.
The house's Fresnel lens burns at 60,000 candle power. Perched on the side of the extinct volcano Diamond Head, the lighthouse lays down a red sector to warn vessels to stay away from the reefs at Waikiki.
The lighthouse is not open to the public but can be seen from Diamond Head Road. The current concrete-reinforced structure stands 55-feet tall and was built in 1917. It is no longer manned. In 1980 it was placed on the National Register of Historic Places.