Pearl Harbor Group Tours
Is a Pearl Harbor Group Tour Right for Me?
A visit to Pearl Harbor is near the top of many Hawaiian vacationers’ to-do list, as it very well should be. In fact, for many visitors, Pearl Harbor is the highlight of their Hawaiian vacation. However, with so much information out there, you may have many unanswered questions: “What is the best Pearl Harbor tour for me?” “What’s worth seeing?” “When is the best time to go?” “Is a Pearl Harbor group tour worth it?”
Here at Hawaii Guide, we have heard of many visitors who fail to plan their Pearl Harbor trip and simply show up unprepared, the same way they might stroll down to the beach. Sadly, this strategy usually results in frustration, disappointment, and a hurried approach; things that probably could have been avoided by booking a professional tour.
Our Pearl Harbor Tour Suggestions
Advantages of Booking a Pearl Harbor Group Tour
- Choose the Pearl Harbor Tour That’s Right for You- Many of the best tour companies offer a variety of tours so you can enjoy one that fits your tastes, schedule, and budget. For example, your tour provider may offer a full-day tour that includes the complete Pearl Harbor experience- great for history buffs and those with more time available. Or, perhaps you’d rather spend just the morning at Pearl Harbor but still visit the must-see sights AND have the afternoon free for other activities. A guided tour can accommodate all your needs.
- Better Time Management- They say, “Failing to plan is planning to fail,” and this certainly holds true at Pearl Harbor. Many visitors who do not plan their Pearl Harbor visit beforehand find that they may have to wait in a very long line for the USS Arizona Memorial, for example, only to discover that there are no more tickets left. So they head to the USS Bowfin, spend a lot of time there, then visit the USS Missouri, only to be told it’s too late for admission! Trust us, this is not how you want to spend your precious vacation time. When you book a Pearl Harbor group tour, your guide (and you) will know when to arrive, how much time you’ll be at each location, and when your tour will conclude. This means you’ll see everything on your itinerary in the allotted time- with no surprises.
- Book a Pearl Harbor Package/Combo Tour- While every tour operator is different, many of the best tours offer Pearl Harbor tour packages, so you can combine your Pearl Harbor experience with other activities. For instance, spend the day at the Pearl Harbor sites and round out the experience with a tour of downtown Honolulu or even a traditional Hawaiian luau.
- Avoid Issues with Purses, Backpacks, Fanny packs, etc.- Due to security reasons, Pearl Harbor visitors are prohibited from carrying anything that provides concealment. There are storage areas available for a fee, but lines can be long and you run the risk of missing out on the educational presentations as you wait in line. However, many tour companies will allow you to store your non-valuable items in the tour bus.
- Avoid the Lines and Crowds- Admittedly, this may depend on which Pearl Harbor tour you book, as well as the time of day you visit, but if you opt for an early morning group tour, your chances of avoiding the long lines increase. Best of all, because a professional Pearl Harbor tour company is intimately familiar with the most popular times of day and the high seasons, they can help you avoid the crowds.
- Admission Prices Are Often Included on a Tour- Pearl Harbor has four distinct destinations, each with its own admission fee. As of this writing, fees range from $7.50 to $27 per adult. These fees can add up very quickly, especially if you are travelling with children or a large group. However, many tour providers include at least some of these fees in your tour price, which means an additional savings for you.
- Never Miss Out on Tickets- Booking with a reputable tour company means you’ll never have to worry about not arriving on time or not having tickets available for that day.
- You’ll Have the Knowledge of a Pearl Harbor Expert- The best tour companies employ professional and friendly guides who have a passion for Pearl Harbor and an intimate knowledge of the events leading up to the attacks, the fateful day itself, and the aftermath of that devastating day. With an expert by your side, you’ll gain a deeper understanding of and appreciation for the history and sacrifices that were made there.
Booking a Pearl Harbor Group Tour is Simple and Easy
A site of such immense historic significance should be truly experienced. There are many details to consider; details that can distract you and prevent you from being fully present as you tour each location. Leaving these details to the pros means more time spent learning about that “date which will live in infamy.”