Do you have fabulous Hawaiian travel tips you’d love to share with the world? Do you feel giddy about The Garden Isle or just love The Valley Isle vibe? Can you write high-quality, original, and relevant content about Hawaii and all the adventures the islands offer? If so, then Hawaii Guide wants to hear from you!
We are looking for people with a love of and personal connection to Hawaii; not simply people in their slippahs and PJ’s watching Hawaii Five-0 dreaming of one day being able to get there!
All writers should have an excellent command of the English language and should generally adhere to guidelines as defined by the AP Stylebook regarding spelling, punctuation, phrase usage, etc.
Hawaii Guide Guest Writer Benefits
- You'll get your work in front of over 3 million annual visitors to Hawaii-guide.com; a great way to boost your online portfolio.
- You may include 2 links to either your personal or business website and/or to your social media URLs so that our readers can connect with you.
- You can share your knowledge of and passion for the Aloha State with the entire world!
Guidelines to Be Considered as a Guest Writer for Hawaii Guide
- Submit your article text in a Word document
- All content must be relevant to our readers and should be related to Hawaiian travel and tourism.
- All textual content must be original and will be run through a plagiarism checker.
- Links must be directly relevant to our community of travelers.
- Non-infographic posts should contain a minimum of 400 words.
- If possible, please submit at least one original photo or video with your post. Note that drone footage gets bonus points!
- Photos and videos must be your original content or you must have and submit written permission to use them.
- Our content team will determine if the written and/or digital content meets Hawaii Guide standards.
- We’d love to learn more about you! Please include a short bio of yourself and, if you’d like, a link to your blog, website and/or social media accounts. Tell us why you love Hawaii as much as we do.
- Factual statements that are not one’s own personal experience must be substantiated with a relevant citation. Example: “In Hawaiian culture, the Pueo (Hawaiian Owl) is often considered to be the spirit of a deceased family member in animal form.” Source: http://www.audubon.org/news/hawaii-counts-meet-10-island-birds-now-eligible-your-life-list
- No offensive language, defamation, or disrespect of any kind.
- We accept high-quality image files (jpg) at least 2400 px in width, video files (mp4, mov, or avi), infographic files (ai or psd). Please send these separate from your article.
Types of Articles We Publish
We are looking for several types of content that Hawaii Guide visitors have come to trust for pertinent travel- and adventure-related information.
Want to talk about an amazing beach, hiking trail, park, botanical garden, or other attraction? Are you passionate about Hawaiian volunteer vacations or eco-friendly ways to explore? Does the conservation of Hawaii’s rare birds make your heart sing? Do you have some kid-friendly Hawaiian vacation hacks to share? If you’re passionate about it, an article will give readers all the info they need to love it, too.
- Generally, these submissions should be 600 – 800 words long.
- Information should be clear, concise, and answer the standard ‘Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How’ regarding the topic.
Do you have a ‘Top 10 Places to_____ on Maui’ in your head? Can you rattle off a few ‘Best Places to _____ in Kauai’ without skipping a beat? Then a listicle is a great way to share your personal favorites. Whether you’re writing about Oahu’s ocean views or the Big Island’s quietest beaches for sunset yoga, a listicle shares information quickly and efficiently.
- Topics should cover information in a list format of at least 5 and no more than 10 ‘top’, ‘best’, or similar items.
- Each item should be named and include a brief yet captivating description of why it appears on your list.
- List lengths and word counts will vary, but should be kept short and to the point.
Have you had an amazing experience in Hawaii that others should know about? Did you zip line over a waterfall, get married on the beach, dive with sharks, or even pack up and move to Hawaii to live your dream life? Well, why not share your story with others to inspire and guide them?
- Submissions should focus on your personal story, rather than your personal opinion. While your opinion is valuable, your story should serve to assist others in forming their own point of view.
- Generally, length of 400 – 700 words.
People are busy and planning a vacation is difficult, right? Make things easier for them with an easy-to-read and speedy infographic. Whether you’re leading them to the right hiking trails, showing them how to plan a great getaway, or explaining the ins and outs of humpback whale behaviors, an infographic is a handy and sharable way to get your Hawaiian travel information to visitors.
- Descriptions must be original and will be checked for plagiarism.
- Send us the original illustrator file (ai) or any photoshop files (psd).
Sponsored Content/Native Advertising
Do you own or represent a highly-rated company in the Hawaiian tourism industry? Are you looking to promote your amazing product or service? A sponsored post will tell the world why your industry is important; while native advertising directly promotes your business. Many of the same standards for personal guest bloggers apply to business-based contributors.
- Length 400 – 800 words.
- Limit of 2 links to your business website or social media URLs.
- Unique, relevant content only.
- Your original photos/videos are permitted on the post.
Pricing as follows
- $500.00 per post (Limit of 1 month on Hawaii-guide.com)
- Up to 6 posts per month at $85.00 each.
- 3-month agreement minimum.
- Term of 1 year on Hawaii-guide.com or Guideofus.com
When Contributing, You Agree to the Following
- We retain ownership of your content and may alter and/or remove it from our website at our discretion.
- You agree not to publish the submitted content on another website or social media outlet for a period of 1 year after it appears on Hawaii-guide.com.
- You represent that your contribution does not violate the rights of any third parties.
- You represent that the information you present is truthful to the best of your knowledge and the article includes factual citations where necessary.
- You represent that you are the sole author of your contribution.
- If your submission includes names, photos, or other identifying information about other persons, you represent that you have their permission to include this information.
- We reserve the right to format your post to Hawaii Guide’s aesthetic.
- We reserve the right to edit, alter, retain, or dispose of all submissions at our discretion.
- We may alter your photos and/or videos and may or may not publish them.
- We reserve the right to decide when or if we will post all or part of your contributed text, photos, or videos.
Contact GuideofUS Hawaii's Publishing Team
It's pretty simple... just fill out the following and submit.