Oahu Experience - Honolulu Heights
Hawaii Forest & Trail Oahu Guided Tour
See Honolulu from a bird's eye view and discover how Honolulu’s volcanic past continues to shape and influence life on Oahu. Discover the region’s history from spectacular view planes atop ancient eruptive sites and take in the wonder of our tropical mountain forests. Our Naturalist Guides will reveal and connect you with a Hawaiʻi that few get to experience.
Tour highlights include:
Summit the iconic Leahi, Diamond Head, with a guide who will bring to life to the geologic and historical events of this storied place.
Recharge with a picnic breakfast that includes island fruit smoothies and freshly cut pineapple.
Follow the marching footsteps of Kamehameha’s warriors to the Nuʻuanu Pali lookout. Gaze upon the stunning view of the cliffs that are a designated National Natural Landmark.
Stroll among thousands of tropical and subtropical exotic plants at the Lyon Arboretum. Discover how Hawaii’s one of a kind position in the Pacific helps host these wonders, and how the arboretum serves as an outdoor living laboratory.
Additional Tour Information
- Price: Adults - $169 / Child (12 and under) - $144
- Availability: Monday through Saturday
- Capacity: Maximum 12 passengers per van.
- Tour Time: Approximately 7.5 hours from Ko Olina & Kapolei hotels (first pick up at 5:00 AM)
- Approximately 6.0 hours from Waikiki (first pick up at 6:00 AM)
- Pick Up: Pickups available from All Ko Olina & Kapolei hotels and select locations throughout Waikiki
- Dress Code: Guests wear closed toe comfortable walking shoes and may want to bring a light jacket
- Activity: Diamond Head Hike of 1.8 miles with an elevation gain of 700 feet. Other easy short walks. Moderate hike and climb at Diamond Head with paved surfaces, steep stairs and short sections of enclosed tunnels. Can be foggy & misty at the Pali Lookout.
- Restrictions: Physical—Guests on this tour should not be physically challenged and able to hike up steep paved walkways and numerous stairs with an elevation gain of 700 feet in 0.80 miles. Age— All Ages welcome!
- Includes All entry fees, breakfast, daypacks, walking staffs, snacks, water.
- Menu: Island-style breakfast burrito, island fruit smoothie, fresh-cut pineapple, coffee, tea