Big Island Zipline Adventures
Kohala Zipline Tours
Founded in 2011, Kohala Zipline is the creation of husband and wife team Rob and Cindy Pacheco, owners of one of the Big Island’s best tour companies, Hawaii Forest & Trail. Taking their 20+ years working in travel and tourism, Rob and Cindy wanted to create a new and different kind of canopy tour, something that would be completely special and unique from all other ziplines in Hawaii. They hired one of the most experienced canopy tour builders in the nation, Bonsai Designs, to help them achieve their goal. They spared no expense; everything from aesthetics and design, to ensuring top-of-the-line safety mechanism were in place, all are sure to provide an optimal experience for guests.
Kohala Zipline Canopy and Zip & Dip Tours
Nestled within the trees of Halawa Gulch, the Kohala Canopy Adventure offers soaring platforms amongst the trees, elevated suspension bridges, and remarkable ziplines that will take guests along an aerial trekking course sure to leave you mesmerized by the beauty and magic of Kohala. Whether it’s your first zipline adventure or you’re a seasoned ziplining pro, both guests are sure to experience a canopy experience unlike nothing else on the Big Island of Hawaii.
- Zip, trek & rappel through a sustainably built aerial trekking course
- Experience the thrill of flying from tree to tree and reaching speeds up to 45 MPH while taking in the beauty of the forest canopy
- Tree to Tree zipping means no walking up and down stairs in between zips
- Enjoy majestic views of the Kohala Coast, the Island of Maui, and ancient Hawaiian agriculture systems from centuries ago
- Take a fun off-road drive in one of our 6 wheel drive Pinzgauers to the top of our course. Enjoy a complimentary treat of local macadamia nuts, trail bars, and fruit snacks
- We comply with the highest level of safety standards set by the industry’s internationally recognized governing body; The Association for Challenge Course Technology (ACCT).
- Capture the fun with a GoPro camera rental or have your guide take photos for you with our photo system designed specifically for ziplines
- Transportation from most resort areas in Kona and Waikoloa with your interpretive guide
- Take a fun off-road drive through private lands in open air 6WD Pinzgauers
- Stroll through a private nature reserve and see seven secluded waterfalls
- Swim under a private waterfall
- Eat lunch at our private picnic spot overlooking Pololu Valley
- Fly through Kohala Zipline’s full aerial canopy course, including 9 lines, 5 sky bridges, and a rappel
- Complimentary snacks and drinks are available throughout the tour
KOHALA ZIPLINE TOUR REQUIREMENTS
Participants must be at least 8 years old.
Weigh between 70 and 270 lbs. Participants will be weighed at check-in.
Must be able to walk over uneven terrain and handle one short walk up about 25 stairs. This tour is not for expectant mothers.
Guests must wear closed-toe walking shoes. Pants, capris, or knee-length shorts are recommended.