Big Island Kilauea Lava Hike
Hawaii Forest & Trail Guided Tour
Legends of the Hawaiian goddess of fire, Pele, and the science of volcanoes will be shared by your guide while you explore lava on this Big Island adventure. Hawaii Forest and Trail will be able to bring you 2 miles closer to the lava flow.
- Take advantage of our private parking area, and begin your hike 2 miles closer to the flow front than the rest of the public.
- Learn about the history and legends of Kilauea Volcano from a scientific and cultural perspective.
- A moderate to strenuous 8-10 mile round trip hike.
- While lava viewing is not guaranteed, your highly trained guide will lead you to the best places to view active lava while remaining within the areas deemed safe and legal by Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Ranger staff.
- We outfit the group with everything you need to be comfortable along the way.
- Dinner at a Hilo landmark- Ken’s House of Pancakes.
Restrictions: Due to constantly changing conditions we cannot guarantee viewing conditions. Guests must be able to hike long distances on the uneven or rocky terrain in hot conditions. No Children under the age of 12. Other tour restrictions may apply.
What to Bring & Wear: Comfortable hiking boots, long pants, a comfortable shirt with sleeves, a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen are highly recommended.